CERES, young but with experience -
a young company with well experienced manpower,
that focuses on these principles for certification:
- Our criteria, policies and standard interpretation are well defined and they are available for the public. You need not be afraid of being suddenly faced with new, unknown requirements.
- We deal with your certification request in the shortest possible time.
- We will answer your questions within three business days.
- We provide you with the necessary tools to auto-assess your farm's or company's compliance with relevant standards and define corrective measures. We assist you in this process, and perform the necessary external audit.
- We believe in operator responsibility.
The CERES shareholder-managers, Martin Weinschenk-Foerster, Dr. Bernhard Schulz, and Albrecht Benzing
- have between 10 and 25 years of experience in organic farming
- all worked in Latin America, Asia and Africa between 4 and 10 years
- were responsible for BCS Öko-Garantie's international department until July 2004.
CERES is accredited/registered to certify according to the following standards: Regulation (EEC) 2092/91, USDA-NOP (see USDA website), JAS Organic, EurepGAP, Utz Kapeh, Starbucks C.A.F.E. Practices, BRC, and IFS. Proofs can be seen under Accreditations- and Registration Certificates.
Well defined procedures and policies for ...
- Farmers and farmer groups
- Wild collection companies
- Certification of substances used for organic production, ie. fertilisers, pesticides or processing aids
One inspection ...
covering all requested standards, including those of private organisations like Naturland, Demeter, BIO SUISSE, Soil Association, with whom we cooperate.
Our name ...
refers to "Ceres", the ancient Roman goddess of agriculture, who was equivalent to the Greek goddess Demeter. She represented the plenitude of crops and was a symbol for soil fertility.
Quality management ...
that really lives up to its name:
- Reducing bureaucratic procedures to the necessary minimum
- Assuring consistent, impartial, equal treatment for all clients
- Open to critique and suggestions for improvement
- With clear procedures for preventing conflicts of interest and discouraging corruption
Wherever you are ...
experienced and well trained CERES inspectors can perform inspections for you in:
CERES - CERtification of Environmental Standards - GmbH
Vorderhaslach Nr. 1
Tel.: +49 (0) 9158 - 92 82 90
Fax: +49 (0) 9158 - 92 89 862